Last Sunday could have been a brutal Superstore survival exercise, but yay for cameras! Jackie, Jess Rispin, and I joined a line 25 deep for the self check-out till, and avioded boredom by doing a tag-team relay scavenger hunt in the store to find items beginning with each letter of the alphabet. Our finished product is now posted on the house white board as the "don't forget to buy..." list.

Last night, Jackie, Melissa, and I went to a concert on campus by The Hunter Family Singers. The family is Mom, Dad, and five boys (age 27 - 14), and they all sing incredibly well. It is almost unfair how much talent has been packed into that family! Melissa has known them for quite a while, and along with a superb Country Gospel set, we had a blast hanging out at Tim Hortons for a while after the concert.
I think that's all for now, folks. I need to get back to lesson planning for the week. My weekly and daily plans are becoming more elaborate as I add classes to my list. I am thankful that three are working on the same curriculum, though they are all at different stages of completion. It has two major benefits: I can produce one lesson plan for two or three classes at a time, and I have the opportunity to improve my teaching of a particular concept with three extremely different groups of students. It truly is a great growing opportunity.
Until next time, all my love. Jessica.
0 comments:
Post a Comment