12:17 am - Friday
Just another day in the life of a teacher, yet I somehow feel more attuned to the wrinkle dog mentality than that of a "has it all together" young professional. I'm far from having yet grown into my skin.
Why am I here? Report cards... marking, entering marks, and the Ghost of Christmas Never Comes called Teacher (il)Logic.
Oh, and waiting for the photocopy machine to warm up so I can print the doom and gloom of 135-or-so students. I'm sure they are wishing it would break down right about now. Haha. Good ol' on-top-of-it me thought it would be a great idea to avoid huddling around an overheated, jammed, out of toner photocopier with seven other last minute teachers 7 hours from now.
I must admit a small grin when I think about strolling into the staff room in the morning with a cup of coffee to say, "Oh, did the copier jam again?" Small consolation for a late night.
Who in their right mind chooses this profession?!?
Friday, October 03, 2008
Growing Into My Skin
at 12:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment