This week, one dog eared, coffee soaked, and tear stained journal was retired and another begun. It is hard to shelf the constant travel companion of my last twelve months. Bookmarks, photos, emails from friends, favorite verses, rants, dance tickets, lessons, and much more fill the pages.
This week has been one tough roller coaster at school, but the point of saying that is not to complain. God is good, and has given me many small victories that show evidence of his work in my life. All the more reason to lean on His promises.
Teaching Social Studies for the first time (with no prior training or experience) has been a struggle and a half. My battle with curriculum has become more and more frustrating as the weeks progress. Earlier this week, my main source of guidance informed me he didn’t want to provide me with any more help as I am not a “contributing member” to the department, only a taker. However, the end of the story is that I have renewed hope... I have a new master teacher from another school guiding my progress, administration support, and a bit of reluctant teacher support at my school. I also received two very encouraging notes – one from my teaching assistant, and one from former students... the Lord is good!
More days than not end on a bitter-sweet note. I am exhausted, and seem to have no opportunity to recharge. Yet, each day has its moments with students that remind me why I chose the profession I did. Each time these small sparks of student victories cross my mind, I am reminded to live intentionally. I have been let to this place at this time, and I pray that I may make the most of that opportunity.
Jesus said... "I have come so that you can have life and have it more abundantly." [John 10:7, 10]
0 comments:
Post a Comment