Monday, December 07, 2009

#9: Snow Days... I love to love and love to hate snow days.

Snow Days...

Pros:

  • time to mark all those assignments I didn't get to on the weekend
  • less classroom management
  • more one-on-one time with students who show up
  • someone does a Tim's run for the rest of us
  • time to round out my student blogs ela901.blogspot.com ela904.blogspot.com ela905.blogspot.com ela102.blogspot.com
  • time to bug the tech department about getting access to more sites like Scribd and Google Docs
Cons:
  • classes fall further behind
  • students have selective amnesia when it comes to due dates and assignments
  • students in attendance are reluctant to work because "the rest of the class doesn't have to work"
  • showing films makes me sleepy
  • my car didn't want to start either
I love to love and love to hate snow days.

0 comments: