Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Off the Wahl"

Without going into too much detail, this summer has certainly been off the wall! I spent four months learning to be a "professional eavestrougher" under the care and supervision of Great White Contracting, of Stony Plain, AB. John (my boss), David, Eryn and I spent the entire summer together. Well, sort of in shifts as David went to Quebec, Eryn to Australia... but all in all, it was a summer to remember.

There was cookie (aka: trouble, big mess, lots of laughs) baking night...


The drive to Tumbler Ridge, BC in the company truck (David, two pairs of glasses...??)
Working hard...
...and hardly working...
And just hanging out on the edge of a roof, as I have slowly become accustomed to doing over the past four months.
School begins the day after tomorrow, and I am sad to see the summer end so quickly. But, having said that, I am exceedingly thankful to my Father in heaven, who knows how to place his children to grow them ever deeper in their relationships with him. He certainly has grown me this summer. We should go for coffee, and talk about how...
Lots of love,
Jessica

0 comments: