I find it rather amazing that the fantastic post-secondary holiday fondly known as Reading Week is the result of a very serious tabulation of the average weekly number of suicides committed by higher education students, and this particular week in the calendar year had a pretty major spike. I'm certainly sorry that this is the reason for a week off, but am very thankful for the opportunity it has afforded for a whole week to be spent with my family.
The plans for Reading Week '07? Mmmm... homework. I have two 2x3' canvases to paint in the likeness of Edmonton city buildings, a term paper to organize and start, and a collaborative lesson plan to put together for a project building comic books with grade 5 inner city kids. Cool stuff, I'd say!
On the more social side of the agenda... maybe a dinner party, some games with friends, coffee with some other friends, church with yet other friends, time with the family, repainting the house with mom, hanging with dad, a sweet date with my sister...
If ya'll are in Calgary this week, look me up. I'm around. Would love to see ya. Signing off to get some much needed sleep... blessings.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Bring On Reading Week
at 12:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Jess,
It was so good to see you tonight... we have to stay in touch more often! Hope you had a wonderful (surprise!) birthday. Love ya!
Post a Comment