Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Surprise!

Most years my birthday has fallen on the Family Day long weekend... since entering university, it has yet to fall outside of Reading Week... pretty awesome birthday present if I do say so myself! But, to make it even better, this year mom planned an awesome evening on Monday night, making the day exceptionally special.

It started with a day of prep for a roast beef dinner for 14... problem was, I had only invited 10. Set the table for 14 anyway? Okay, mom. :) Dinner time rolled around, and guess who shows up??? My long-absent, far from forgotten dear friends who abandoned Edmonton for the warmth and mountains of Calgary: Kim, Kelly, Denver, and Zeal!! Thanks for coming out guys, it seriously has been too long!

The day of my birthday was so full of food and friends that presents were left behind for the next night when Dad asked if I would go for a drive with him while my sister, Becky, had the house full of Air Cadet kids getting ready for summer scholarship board reviews. Well, the drive turned out to be a Shopping Trip a la Dad to pick up my birthday present... a brand new digital camera!!! Whoopie!!

I think between last night and this morning I have already taken about 75 pictures in our yard and the nearby town of Langdon. There is a small bit of method to the madness, since I need some of the photos for a painting project that is due on Monday, but hey, it's a whole lot of fun to shoot everything in sight!

0 comments: