Three inspirational emails have appeared in my inbox over the past week, all talking about how to be an effective teacher, why one decides to be a teacher, and what impact teachers have on their students. Last week I crossed a former grade nine social studies student in the hall at lunch and asked her how her classes were progressing. She relayed how her grade 10 social studies class is so much better than social studies nine was, for which I am very thankful for her sake! I cannot relay how much I struggled to teach social studies last year. Then she said, “Thank you for helping me finish grade nine social studies – without you I don’t think I would have been successful, and would be redoing grade nine this year.” Bless her heart; all the trouble was worth it.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment