Tuesday, March 03, 2009

#34: Random Things

As Facebook sates, “Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.” 

Consider yourself tagged. Here we go...

  1. Cocoa makes my stomach sick.
  2. I once owned a Kawasaki Ninja 500R. I dream about owning a Honda CBR 600 RR in the spring.
  3. Hiking six continents is on my bucket list. I might get to do two this summer.
  4. Learning to play the guitar has saved my life this semester.
  5. “Fugitive Pieces” by Anne Michaels is my new favorite book that I haven’t finished reading yet. Thanks Kyle.
  6. Four wedding invitations have arrived at my house so far this year. I have attended two. I have averaged seven per summer for the last five years.
  7. Primary colored circle fabric is hung like wallpaper in my classroom because I can’t handle blank white walls.
  8. Salsa dancing with my sister for the first dance of the night is one of the best ways to guarantee never leaving the floor for the rest of the evening.
  9. Managing finances is my least favorite thing to do, but I have done so for housing communities of 2 – 8 people for four years.
  10. Coffee makes me exceptionally happy in the morning.
  11. When the legs of the desks line up with the tiles on the floor in my classroom I feel calm. The alternative is also true.
  12. Rain is my favorite smell.
  13. Every weekend save one since Christmas has been spent travelling from Rocky to Calgary or Edmonton. This weekend will make two.
  14. I adore my new La Sportiva trekking boots. Thanks Mom and Dad!
  15. Second degree burns to my wrist were the result of making tea the night before my birthday. I got my birthday off on med leave.
  16. New Years begins in September, not January, and my resolution is to live life intentionally... whatever that means.
  17. Simply Supper make-and-take meals also saved my life this semester.
  18. Approximately 184 teaching days stand between my Permanent Alberta Teaching Certificate and me.
  19. I have attended 5 choral and symphonic concerts at the Francis Winspear Centre for Music in Edmonton since December. I would go to every single one if I could afford it!
  20. My left leg is approximately ½ inch shorter than my right. I know this because I design, sew and alter clothes, and nothing is EVER symmetrical.
  21. Three days was enough time to pack up life, move to a new town and start a new job in January 2008. I suppose I could do it again. I hope I don’t have to.
  22. “Happy accidents” have become more happy than accidental.
  23. Justin Lookadoo’s book, “97”, is the inspiration for my blog postings so far this year.
  24. Addictions... the outdoors, earl grey tea with vanilla creamer, sunshine, and sticky-note memos.
  25. My primary love languages are quality time and acts of service; I’m a cheap date.
  26. For love, not money, is why I do most of the things I do (that's the bonus one for those of you who know how many letters are in the alphabet).

0 comments: