Okay, envision an English department meeting with The New Guy sitting across the circle from me. New Guy poses a question about motivating students who are perpetually underachieving and over-hormonal. With a smile I relayed a short anecdote about telling my grade nines I was about ready to grow a small black moustache if they didn’t smarten up and get their homework done. New Guy frowned, said, “It would do you well to know that I am of German heritage. I must go clean my room now,” and proceeded to leave the room with a disgusted look. So, before leaving school that night I popped a note and a box of chocolate cookies on his desk apologizing for my misplaced humour. He smiled at me the next day.
Monday, March 02, 2009
#40: Can We Spell A-W-K-W-A-R-D ?
at 10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment